Sunday 17 May 2015

Conclusion


For now, this concludes my guide. I am at back home with my wife Penelope and son Telemachus. I am very much glad to be back home, as twenty years (the war + the journey back) is a very long time to be away from family. However, whenever I think about my journey back, I (as well as my colleagues of whom are all now dead) made so many mistakes that could have easily been avoided, and made my journey home significantly shorter and with less lives lost. As I previously stated, this is the reason I chose to write this guide. To warn any others who may be travelling across the Mediterranean and you are in need of assistance, food or a place to stay where to go and where to avoid at any cost. Because while as a fellow Ancient Greek you too would agree with our society's belief in the importance of our hospitality, something that we in Ithaca pride ourselves on, unfortunately not every mortal and immortal being/colony follows these same ideals. Whether they try to eat you or refuse to let you leave, not all beings will give you the same level of service.
Hope this guide will be (or is) useful in helping you understand the places to go and the places to avoid in the beautiful, yet very dangerous, Mediterranean Sea.

Odysseus

No comments:

Post a Comment