Sunday 17 May 2015

Introduction


Greetings to those reading. As a fellow Ancient Greek, I'm sure that you will agree with me that one of the most important things in a civilized Greek society is our hospitality. It is an expectation that if you are civilized, you will be hospitable to anyone who needs food or shelter.

Unfortunately, not all around the Mediterranean appear to share this view of the importance of one's hospitality. This is the reason for this blog. If you are travelling by sea and need somewhere to stay, then my guide will be useful to assist you in where to stay, and where not to stay.

These are places where I found myself seeking accommodation as I attempted to make my way back to Ithaca after a long war at Troy. Some of the societies where I stayed were very civil, and not only gave me the shelter and food that I and my fellow colleagues who too had fought at Troy needed, but even assisted in my journey back home. Others however were not so civil. Some were too busy eating lotus fruits which made them drowsy, while others tried to eat you while you stayed, and some seemed too keen on you to stay longer than you booked for.

I believe that in reading about these places you may avoid making the same mistakes that I and my colleagues did (which ultimately resulting in them all dying by the way). I have included my own personal story and experience at each of these locations, as well as advice to anyone still keen to travel in those places I suggest you avoid, and a section where I have rated each place /10 based on the rooms provided, the food provided and the quality of their service as well as an overall score /30.

I hope this information will come in helpful to you, should you find yourself suffering from fatigue or hunger pangs while on a long journey through the treacherous Mediterranean Sea.

Odysseus

No comments:

Post a Comment