Sunday 17 May 2015

Scheria


Summary

I myself turned up with nothing at all, but had everything provided. The service was at the pinnacle of a civilized Ancient Greek society, and couldn't be faulted. The feasts were good too. And I was given many gifts for the final length of my journey back to Ithaca. In terms of the best place to stay in the Mediterranean, it is ultimately between Scheria and Aiola. Most other places I would probably avoid if you can (for more information, view my previous entries).
This was the final place I stayed on my way back from Ithaca, and had it not been for the fact that it had been a very long ten years since I had last seen my dear Penelope (or my son Telemachus), I would happily have happily stayed for a bit longer.

Travelling Advice

Nothing to say in terms of warnings. Service there is some of the best. If you don't have something, they will supply it, as would be expected in any civilized Ancient Greek service. Although, as nice as the Phaecians are, some of the people there can be slightly xenophobic, and may harass you when you arrive (unless you have Athena assisting you of course). That is the only downside though.

Overall Score

Service: 10- They gave me all that I needed: food, clothing, shelter, supplies. Here is a real example of how Ancient Greek hospitality should be. There is also many activities to do while you are there, including traditional greek competition events (I wiped the competition in the Discus by the way).

Food: 9- Many spectacular feasts and entertainment provided

Rooms: 8

Overall Score: 27/30

No comments:

Post a Comment